[Tagging] Mismatched tag status

Shu Higashi higa432 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:15:25 UTC 2019

> Note that in some very rare cases, it might be possible for a region (but
> not a language) to have a different value if a community has discussed it.
> If you know of such cases, please respond and we can figure out how to
> document it properly.

Yes, I agree. I sometimes see the list of this kind of unmatch, but
I've never seen meaningful difference of the status between English
and Japanese. They're usually just outdated translations.

To me the benefit of data item is mostly for the quality improvement
of OSM Wiki pages in local language for now.
I use it (the result of query by Sophos) to find untranslated pages or
outdated pages which are often seen as unmatched status pages from
English pages.

Shu