[Tagging] Tunnel rock fall protector

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 01:53:39 UTC 2019

AFAIK, these are functionally similar to avalanche protection tunnels. Most of the "open" sided tunnels I see in Japan are dual purpose - if it's steep enough for an avalanche, it's steep enough for rocks falling on cars to be an issue.

I would use the avalanche protection tag, as it properly describes the basic design of the structure and basic protection offered (from rocks rather than snow), unless you think there are enough dedicated landslide protection tunnels (that are not regular tunnels) to warrant a new tag.

Javbw