[Tagging] Deprecation of non-approved values for diplomatic=?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 14 10:30:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

in general, I try to avoid marking anything as deprecated. I think the
term only gives people wrong ideas. If anything, try to find wording
that says "today, most mappers prefer the X tag", but don't say "this
tag is deprecated" except in very clear circumstances, where an
overwhelming majority has actually decided that this tag should be
listed as "deprecated".

Claiming something is "deprecated" should never be a silent side-effect
of some other vote.

Bye
Frederik