[Tagging] lanes = 0

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Sun Jun 16 12:53:10 UTC 2019

Okay, to wrap this up, I added this title in the wiki and referenced back to this discussion, advising to not use lanes=0/1.5/none to signify no lane markings but instead use something like lane_markings=no.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes#No_lane_markings

---

Additionally, I noted that after a similar discussion about lanes=1.5 in the German forum in 2017, the wiki page was changed to stress that the lanes-key is for *marked* traffic lanes. The change was announced on the Talk page and the German forum discussion linked there.

I did not change the formulation back but only added the outcome of this discussion to that topic on the Talk page because I do not feel legitimated to do that as the 2017 wiki change was also done only after discussion in the community, same as now:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:lanes#No_centerline_-_one_or_two_lanes.3F

[1] https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=627975#p627975