[Tagging] wheelchair = hiking

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:40:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 15:32, Andreas Lattmann <andrea.lattmann at ga-2.it>
wrote:

I don't know if it's the right mailing list.

It is.

I would like to propose a new tag (if it is not already there).  The new
> tag is wheelchair = hiking because in Italy many associations are creating
> mountain trails for disabled people.
> It would be nice to be able to map these paths.

Is there any reason not to use the existing
wheelchair=yes|no|limited|designated tags?  If you add
wheelchair=yes to a hiking trail it is implicit that it is for hiking in a
wheelchair.   A problem with
adding wheelchair=hiking is that people may then misapply it (because it
would be available in
editor drop-downs) to other ways where wheelchair=yes ought to be used.

--
Paul

--
Paul