[Tagging] wheelchair = hiking

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 16:43:05 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, 16:32 Andreas Lattmann, <andrea.lattmann at ga-2.it>
wrote:

> I would like to propose a new tag (if it is not already there).  The new
> tag is wheelchair = hiking because in Italy many associations are creating
> mountain trails for disabled people.
> It would be nice to be able to map these paths.

Are these signed wheelchair routes? If so, i would create a type=route +
route=wheelchair relation. According to Taginfo [1], this tag is in use on
60 relations. Although this tag hasn't been documented, i guess that's what
it's been used for. Additionally, i would tag the paths
wheelchair=designated.

If there are only paths, but no routes, tagging the paths
wheelchair=designated should suffice.

[1]: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/route=wheelchair

Regards

Markus