[Tagging] wheelchair = hiking

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 20:07:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, 19:36 Andreas Lattmann, <andrea.lattmann at ga-2.it>
wrote:

> >IMO wheelchair=yes means accessible for most basic wheelchairs.
>
> For the paths that are accessible with normal wheelchairs, I have no
> doubt: I would tag them with wheelchair = yes, it is on the paths that need
> special wheelchairs (4x4, with the help of people etc.) that I don't know
> how to tag them.
> This is why I was evaluating a new tag to describe these new paths.

If you want to use a new tag for special wheelchairs, i think the
wheelchair type should rather be a key than a value, that is,
<wheelchair_type>=yes/no (or wheelchair:<type>=yes/no) instead of
wheelchair=<wheelchair_type>. Unfortunately, I don't know about special
wheelchair types to give you any advice on how to name the tags.