[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Feature Name)

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Wed Jun 19 20:17:35 UTC 2019

Hello Tagging Mailing List,

We would like to bring your attention and comments on the proposal for the
staff_count:doctors and staff_count:nurses tags, which helps identify the
number of doctors and nurses at a given health facility [1][2]. The
operational_status tag, which has been proposed before and I would like to
highlight again, as this is used to document an observation of the current
functional status of a mapped feature (i.e. health facility) [3]. The
health_amenity:type tag is also being proposed, as this indicates what type
of speciality medical equipment is available at the health facility [4] and
the final tag is insurance:health which describes the type of health
insurance accepted at a health facility [5].

Some of these are already in use but have never been formally accepted, or
properly described as to how they should be applied, which we would like to
try and achieve if possible for the Healthsites.io project. Please take a
look at the proposal pages on the OSM Wiki, as well as the Global
Healthsites Mapping Project page [2] which is at the core of the recent
work focused on creating a health facility data model. We look forward to
discussing these proposals on the respective Wiki discussion pages.

Kind regards,

Mhairi

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:staff_count:doctors