[Tagging] refugee camp boundaries [was:Re: refugee camp]

Violaine_Do violaine_osm at posteo.de
Thu Jun 20 00:37:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thks Marc, I also like boundary=refugee_camp and camp_level=* with 1 for
camp boundary, 2 for first division such as zone, 3 for second division
such as sector, and 4 for 3rd division such as bloc. Or can we start
from 0 there, would make more sense camp_level=1 for first admin division.

I wouldn't go for boundary=internal as it is shared with every actor on
the camp and refugees including IDP (internal dispaced persons). It is
not like a firm, and internal sections or areas, I think.

> On 13/06/2019 06:18, marc marc wrote:
>> Le 11.06.19 à 22:06, Violaine_Do a écrit :
>>> boundary=refugee see
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Refugee_Camp_Boundaries
>>>
>> I agree with a boundary=<not administrative> because
>> boundary=administrative is wrong when it'sn't a administrative boundary
>> but it's the same issue with admin_level, using it for any
>> not-administrative boundary is incoherent
>> another value that may be better boundary=camp camp_level=*
>> or boundary=internal (not a public boundary, just the one
>> used by one operator for it's own objects)

Violaine_Do