[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Michael Brandtner brandtner_michael at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 21 14:29:02 UTC 2019

 The sub-tag does already exist, I've linked to it in my original post (power_supply=). What doesn't exist is a main tag for tagging isolated columns for power supply.
This image shows what I'm talking about:
 https://www.alamy.de/outdoor-steckdosen-mit-sicherheitsschalter-auf-blau-metall-pol-fur-die-stromversorgung-von-kleinen-booten-im-hafen-umgeben-mit-konkreten-fliese-montiert-image233468696.html

    Am Freitag, 21. Juni 2019, 16:17:48 MESZ hat Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> Folgendes geschrieben:

 On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 15:49 +0200, Jan S wrote:

> Am 21. Juni 2019 15:25:06 MESZ schrieb Philip Barnes <
> phil at trigpoint.me.uk>:
> > On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 16:07 +0300, Anton Klim wrote:
> > > Guess it could be the same as fuel stations/hotels etc with extra
> > > amenities: high-level tagging on the whole campsite pitch with a
> > > sub
> > > tag, or nodes on actual power sockets for more detail.
> >
> > The position is useful information, you may need to know if your
> > cable
> > is long enough.
>
> Would such a tag fit for e-car charging stations, too, or can we
> already tag those? These charging stations basically provide
> electricity for money, too, don't they?
We already map those see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=charging%20station?uselang=en

Slightly different in that you would navigate to one if you need to
charge your car. You would not go to a campsite to charge your phone,
but power can be a consideration when choosing somewhere to camp.

Although power available sub-tagging could be applied to lots of
objects. Pubs, Cafes and Railway Stations provide power for customers
to charge mobile phones and laptops, most will provide mains but many
now have USB connectors so you only need to carry a cable.

Phil (trigpoint)