[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Jun 21 17:32:13 UTC 2019

On Friday, 21 June 2019, Colin Smale wrote:
> On 2019-06-21 14:18, Michael Brandtner via Tagging wrote:
> > I'm thinking about (and in fact, have already used about two times) a new tag: _amenity=power_supply_. It is meant for mapping places where you can get electrical power for a fee. They can be found at camping grounds and harbours. They have sockets you can use to get power and you can pay with a special card that you can buy at a shop (or maybe sometimes with credit cards or even coins, I'm not sure about that).
> When it comes to tagging the socket type, please use an existing
> standard such as the IEC type letters. Make sure to use the code for the
> socket, not for the plug; some combinations have a measure of
> cross-compatibility, and you don't want to mix that up in the tagging
> for the socket. A few examples: the UK, Ireland, Malta, Singapore (at
> least) use Type G, in France/Belgium it is type F, in the Netherlands it
> is type E. 
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets 
> For higher-power connections, the standard to follow is IEC 60309: 
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_6030

Although in the case of campsites both the UK and France in my experience use the same IP44 rated 16A connectors.

I use the same cables both sides of the channel.

It would be a very bad idea to use standard indoor power sockets in that situation.

Phil (trigpoint)
Sent from my Sailfish device

More information about the Tagging mailing list