[Tagging] Which global OSM mailing list for the "community index"?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Jun 23 10:33:11 UTC 2019

The idea of providing a matrix (or mattermost or ...)  instance for the
OSM community has been floating around for a long time, but on the one
hand it would require somebody willing to to the sysadmin work for it,
and somebody would need to do some work on integrating OSM
authentication (as I side affect we could get rid of the web irc UI
which oftc doesn't like). Both likely not gigantic tasks, but nobody has
stepped up to date.

Simon

PS: HW is likely not to be an issue.