[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - amenity=power_supply

Michael Brandtner brandtner_michael at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 23 15:06:57 UTC 2019

I thought this was an easy case for my first proposal. Now I'm faced with with comments in the wiki that suggest marking two tags as deprecated (one used over 30000 times) and creating a complex tagging systems that includes all places where electrical power can be obtained...

  Am Sa., Juni 22, 2019 at 17:41 schrieb Michael Brandtner via Tagging<tagging at openstreetmap.org>:   Thank you for your comments so far. I've now written a proposal.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/amenity%3Dpower_supply
The definition (wording can surely be improved):" A place where you can get electrical power."
I've not taken into account your discussion about different socket types. This would be the topic for a different proposal about improving the power_supply= sub-tag. But this proposal is only about establishing the new main tag.
I'm looking forward to your comments! _______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
Tagging at openstreetmap.org