[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Jun 23 17:23:48 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-06-22 at 01:23 +0100, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 at 23:56, Graeme Fitzpatrick <
> graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 04:53, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > 
> > > Having power_supply=yes indicates that the socket type is
> > > unknown, 
> > 
> > But wouldn't that default as the country you're in? If you're in
> > Britain, it's a British socket, so you need a "British" plug (or an
> > International adaptor!) to plug in, in Australia an Oz socket & so
> > on.
> It's not that simple.  Indoors in the UK it's a BS1363 socket. 
> Outdoors on a camp site it will most
> likely be a CEE 17 blue single-phase.  But it's possible you might
> get CEE 17 red three-phase
> in some situations.  I've a vague memory there are other connectors
> used in marine applications.
> Also, although BS1363 connectors are for indoor usage, it's possible
> to get weatherproof
> housings for external use.  So even in just the UK, if a camp site
> says power hook-ups are
> available you can't be sure what connector is used.  Most likely CEE
> 17 blue, but maybe not.
On camp sites in the UK and France the hook-up is a CEE 17 blue single-
phase in my experience. 

I would assume the rest of Europe is the same although have not camped
outside UK and France since I have been of an age where I appreciate
electricity in a tent.

Phil (trigpoint)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20190623/27352be9/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list