[Tagging] My ban by user Woodpeck = Frederik Ramm

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Jun 25 09:18:31 UTC 2019

Hi Ulrich,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:16:18AM +0200, Ulrich Lamm wrote:
> This way, my mapping of courses of water including the culvert
> sections does not violate the principles of OSM.  And the ban is
> totally injust.

It violates the rights of the origin copyright holder. CC-BY-SA and
others are not compatible with ODbL and thus we CAN NOT and MUST NOT
take data from other sources which are not explicitly allowed. If we
would allow this, and republishing data under ODbL (as OSM does with
planet dumps) Openstreetmap commits a breach of Copyright. Thus it is
absolutely vital for OSM to prevent people from adding incompatible, non
ODbL Data to the Database.

You have been told to not take data from other sources which are not
ODbL multiple times and you havent stopped.

Now Frederik (with my full support) stopped this repeated copyright
violation by blocking/banning you.

BTW - You signed these obligations with creating an OSM Account
and opting in the Contributor Terms.

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Contributor_Terms

	1. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we need to
	be able to respond to any objections by intellectual property owners. This
	means that:

	(a) Your contribution of data should not infringe the intellectual property
	rights of anyone else. If you contribute Contents, You are indicating that, as
	far as You know, You have the right to authorize OSMF to use and distribute
	those Contents under our current licence terms. If You do not have that right,
	You risk having Your contribution deleted (see below).

You have multiple times been told that you do NOT have the right to redistribute
this data under the current license (ODbL).

Flo