[Tagging] Which global OSM mailing list for the "community index"?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 16:35:33 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> Am 28.06.2019 um 08:15 schrieb Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>:
>
> The idea was merely to keep all of the years discussions in one place

are you aware there is a public mailing list archive? With some time and interest you could read it all, back to 2004 or so ;-)

More seriously, what sometimes does not happen but could be useful is transferring the outcome of the discussions to the wiki. It’s not completely rare that there isn’t an undisputed consensus, but even if there is not, it could make sense to document that there isn’t, and to document the different arguments, and in general we could have a formal section in our wiki documentation where we link to the various instances of discussions about the tag (e.g. links to forum and ML discussions). Some topics have been dealt with various times.

Cheers, Martin