[Tagging] amenity=police

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Fri Mar 1 23:59:23 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-02 00:09, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> However, In Australia (& I know there are other countries the same) the Coast Guard is a strictly civilian, volunteer marine rescue group only, with no military, or police, connections at all (apart from working together with Water Police on searches / rescues etc).

I think you're talking about something different from the "true", de facto, Australian "Coast Guard", which is "Maritime Border Command": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_Border_Command_(Australia)

Maybe you're referringĀ  to community S&R organizations like "Marine Rescue NSW", "Australian Volunteer Coast Guard" or "Royal Volunteer Coastal Patrol".

The typical roles of the Coast Guard (/or whatever is called in different countries/) is maritime borders control and maritime law enforcement.

Sergio