[Tagging] Fixing import

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sat Mar 2 03:42:20 UTC 2019

On 3/1/19 21:31, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> writes:
>
>> Honestly wouldn't be a bad idea for highway=road to be the default type for
>> bulk imports, especially after the TIGER fiasco.
>
> Another view would be that if an import seems like it should be
> highway=road, then it isn't good enough data to import.

+1

Cleaning up miles and miles of highway=road is something I'd find very
tedious and would discourage me from contributing to OSM if I wound up
having to do it a lot just to get a decent quality of data. I'm already
a bit burned out from my attempts to clean up the massive number of
duplicated nodes from a botched import in 2012 that I just now found.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com