[Tagging] RFC rewritten proposal Via_ferrata_simplified

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Mar 5 16:46:23 UTC 2019

> In the case of OSM Carto the smart thing may be to not render paths that

I am against proposals attempting to dictate how things should be rendered,
in specific renderers.

Can I recommend rephrasing it to a more neutral
"data consumers can choose hadle specially (hide, avoid in routing, display differently) paths that"
?

Note that in any case "vote on wiki demanded to change rendering" will not
automatically result in changing rendering anyway.

> Implies

I would encourage explicit tagging of wheelchair=no and similar, at least at start
via_ferrata=yes will be rarely used and more general tags would be useful.

Mar 5, 2019, 5:09 PM by egil at riseup.net: