[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:43:18 UTC 2019

> over the top of residential area, so it will appear as a lighter patch of
> green in between your buildings, & can have things such as playgrounds or
> basketball hoops included inside it.

This is not the original meaning of “Recreation Ground” in British English.
A recreation ground in England is like a large area used for sports and
games. It’s not just a playground or basketball court or patch of grass in
a residential area

But I admit it has been used for many other things

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Drecreation_ground