[Tagging] landcover=trees bot edits

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Mar 6 08:53:44 UTC 2019

Mar 5, 2019, 1:47 PM by pelderson at gmail.com:

> Landcover now has about 170 000 usage count.
>
> Still growing rapidly despite not yet being rendered on OSM Carto.
>
> I would say that is enough reason to start renderin landcover on OSM Carto and other renderings.

I run a quick check, nearly 100% of explosive growth[1] in 2018
is result of import in a Paraguay[2].

It is great evidence that raw usage count is not a perfect metric.

>From quick look there is nothing truly terrible with this import but so far there is no
evidence that usage of landcover tags by mappers is growing.

[1] https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2548#issuecomment-469844223
[2] https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2548#issuecomment-470009614