[Tagging] landcover=trees bot edits

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:26:05 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 8:08 AM Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that imports are always distorting the tagging system, and pose a general threat to our bottom up system of community generated tagging, and "voting by using stuff".

Still, when there's no clear consensus, an importer has to decide on
something! (When I've imported, I've wikified my decisions. They may
be bad ones. Our chaotic process has not revealed better ones.)

> Regarding landcover=trees overlapping the road: this is not a problem or an error, it means the trees are covering these parts.

In my region, the state has a policy that access roads in Wild Forest
areas should be constructed if possible so that there is continuous
tree cover across them. 'Leaves off' aerials are essential for mapping
these, or a sensitive GPS that doesn't go all wonky under heavy tree
cover.