[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 18:15:27 UTC 2019

Am Di., 5. März 2019 um 11:15 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <
matkoniecz at tutanota.com>:

> Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by mkyral at email.cz:
>
> Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These
> areas are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green
> accessible for everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.
>
> So far I usually tagged such places as follows:
>
> Made sure that it is within landuse=residential (as it is a residential
> area)
> Mapped physical features (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass,
> highway=footway etc)

I would also not see a "flowerbed" as landuse on its own. It will either be
within a residential, commercial, industrial or retail landuse, part of the
street, or a park, a school or something else.
There is also man_made=flowerbed, which seems fitting better with the rest
of our tags (this is about "1 piece of" flowerbed, while landuse=flowerbed
has a slightly different connotation of "area used for flowerbed(s)" ).

Cheers,
Martin