[Tagging] Possibility to draw parking properties as an area

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Mar 6 18:48:42 UTC 2019

It is probably similar to "should we map sidewalks as a separate highway=footway"
but why not?

See for example tagging in Poland:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.23091&mlon=20.95912#map=19/52.23091/20.95912

There are some reasonable objections (and arguments in support), but

"parking zone in a street is not a parking (an specific place for park)"

seems weird to me. Parking along street is a specific place for parking, in fact
it basically cannot be used for anything except as a place to park vehicles.