[Tagging] Tagging professional cycling competitions as route=bicycle?

s8evq s8evq at runbox.com
Thu Mar 7 07:19:30 UTC 2019

After a discussion with another user, I saw some people put a lot of effort in adding and maintaining the course of professional bicycle races. For example the world famous Paris-Roubaix (traject of the 2014 edition: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4853475) I also found for example local 10K and half marathon running events being added.

Is this something that should be in OSM?

For me, it's not verifiable, it's a historic event / temporary event. (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice)

If it's not part of OSM, should we go out and delete these things?