[Tagging] Possibility to draw parking properties as an area

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Thu Mar 7 16:51:13 UTC 2019

>> Parking along street is a specific place for parking, in fact
>> it basically cannot be used for anything except as a place to park
>> vehicles.
>
> at least as long as there are cars parked ;-)
> https://www.klimareporter.de/images/karo3imgmanager/resized/1001-1100/RS18190_DSCI0571-1018-960-640-80-c.jpg

Quite so -- Na zdrowie! I've seen previously parkable streetsides
transform to outdoor amenity seating, bicycle lanes, bicycle
parking/rental stations, electric car charging stations, food
trucks/carts/stalls, small parks/gardens, etc. And all that aside, the
parking regulations can change at any time. So if streetside parking is
to be mapped, it needs survey or recent imagery, and it needs ongoing
maintenance. (That's one of the disadvantages of using unrendered tags
to encode this info -- it will be more difficult to see when updates are
needed.) J