[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Line attachments

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:39:35 UTC 2019

On 08/03/19 10:40, Sergio Manzi wrote:
> On 2019-03-08 00:35, François Lacombe wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> The line attachments proposal has been updated according to comments received all along past weeks. Thanks to TOGA and Nakaner mainly.
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Lines_clamps
>>
>> It is not restricted to power nor telecom lines. Any line can be anchored or held with suspension clamps over heads.
>>
>> This sounds to be ok for me and may be voted shortly.
>> Feel free to raise objections or comments prior of this to help building a more useful tagging.
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> François
>
> ... I suppose a vote for bolts and nuts is imminent too, isn't it?

Nuts on trees?

Providing a way for something to be sensibly tagged is what this is about.
If enough people map it and then a render shows it then it is justified.
If few map it and no one renders it the it will wither on the line. (pun).

Let the mappers vote on if it should be in OSM by using or not using it.
Here we should be getting the best tags, not thinking 'this is not something for OSM' as that is one persons view.