[Tagging] amenity=police

Jan S grimpeur78 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 08:36:58 UTC 2019

Am 8. März 2019 19:02:08 MEZ schrieb Martin

>what about other police facilities that are also tagged with
>amenity=police
>now, should they key the basic tag as well?

That wouldn't be useful, I guess. Maintaining amenity=police would already be a concession to existing mapping and rendering traditions in the case of public-facing police stations. But it shouldn't remain the general tag to mark all police facilities. Many police facilities simply don't coincide with the definition of amenity, which reads "For describing useful and important facilities for visitors and residents".

I'd still favour a clear-cut solution with a proper police scheme.

Best, Jan