[Tagging] Possibility to draw parking properties as an area

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 14:22:52 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 13:44, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 10. Mar 2019, at 14:24, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > But maybe I'm wrong
> > and there are vast hordes of people interested in precise areas of
> parking spaces and almost
> > nobody actually wants to park there.
>
> people can even park on a node. And no, it does not have to be part of a
> highway.

You seem to miss the point I was making.  How many people, apart from
yourself, will ever
have any interest in computing the exact area (or even the approximate
area) of a parking
areas?  How many people will want to look for parking areas and how to
access them?

You appear to be insisting that it is more important that people be able to
compute the area of
parking areas than be able to look at a map and figure out how to access a
parking area, or
for autonomous vehicles to know that the parking area is even accessible.

I find your way of mapping such things confusing, misleading, and
unrepresentative of
accessibility.  But it's very good for calculating the area.  Except I
doubt that I will ever need
to calculate the area, and I doubt many others will, either.

Autonomous vehicles will need to figure out how to access the parking
area.  Your example
was unrepresentative of most parking bays in that it was large enough to
have an aisle so
an autonomous vehicle would realize it is accessible; the original poster's
example did
not have an aisle and therefore an autonomous vehicle would not realize
it's accessible.
But at least the autonomous vehicle would be able to calculate the exact
area of the parking
area it thinks it inaccessible, which appears to be all that matters to you.

--
Paul