[Tagging] defining service on railway=tram

Jarek Piórkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sun Mar 10 20:38:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 22:39, Jarek Piórkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:
> Last month I wrote about defining service=* tag values for
> railway=tram ways, which were previously not defined and used somewhat
> varyingly in the wild. Thanks Mateusz for your help refining the
> definitions!
>
> I have now written
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Jarek_Pi%C3%B3rkowski/Key:service
> with a draft of new section I am suggesting to add to Key:service.
> Please feel free to edit that wiki page, or comment here on mailing
> list.

Hello,

In the spirit of being bold and keeping things relatively
uncomplicated, I have now changed Key:service to note current tagging
status for tram tracks, and add suggested interpretations of railway
service=* values:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:service&diff=prev&oldid=1820049

Please feel free to revert this change if you strongly disagree, and
comment if you wish.

Thanks,
--Jarek