[Tagging] discouraging shop=fashion
matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Mar 11 13:02:30 UTC 2019
Mar 10, 2019, 10:28 PM by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 18:36, Jean-Marc Liotier <> jm at liotier.org <mailto:jm at liotier.org>> > wrote:
>> On 3/10/19 9:11 AM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>>> Mar 9, 2019, 11:16 PM by >>> selfishseahorse at gmail.com <mailto:selfishseahorse at gmail.com>>>> :
>>>> I'm in favour of deprecating shop=fashion because of its unclear
>>> Based on discussion(s) it seems that there is no benefit from
>>> keeping this tag.
>>> I would support editors proposing to replace it by shop=clothes + clothes=*
>> I was about to post to say that - so I support this proposal.
> I agree, so what is the procedure for deprecating a tag?
I expanded a bit
Tags are typically discussed within wider community, for example at tagging mailing list in way that allows everybody to contribute. In cases of consensus that tagging in a different way is preferable tag can be considered as deprecated. There are various ways that together result in reduced tag usage and each requires consensus or agreement from relevant people
* Tag can be described as unwanted together with reasons for that on OSM Wiki
* Validator complaints may be added to JOSM, iD, Osmose and other validators or other Quality assurance tools
**Typically it requires opening issue on bug tracker of a given project
* Support may be dropped from presets and rendering of editors
** Typically it requires opening issue on bug tracker of a given project
* People may check tag usage in their area and edit objects to improve tagging
* In rare cases automatic edits can be done to improve tagging. Such edits must follow Automated Edits code of conduct
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging