[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Line attachments

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 22:35:25 UTC 2019

Hi Sergio,

The proposal aims to map the way lines are bound to their supports.
In my mind, attachement = {Insulator set ; clamps ; accessories to secure
the insulators on crossarms} for a bare power conductor.
Further keys can give details about each item in this set (but out of the
current proposal).
For insulated cables you don't have insulators but the attachment methods
are the same.

Here are illustrations :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Elbekreuzung_2_traversen_crop_suspension.jpg
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Power_cable_suspension_attachment.png

Keep in mind that currently, it is possible to give the same information
with tower:type=suspension.
As explained in the rationale, :type suffix is meaningless and gather too
much possibilities to be usable.

Hope it's clearer

François