[Tagging] Mapping deforestation

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Mon Mar 11 22:38:16 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-11 18:47, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> Mar 11, 2019, 6:44 PM by smz at smz.it:
>
>     On 2019-03-11 18:17, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>>     Mar 11, 2019, 4:32 PM by pelderson at gmail.com <mailto:pelderson at gmail.com>:
>>
>>         you can use landcover, it has about 160K uses now by 6000 users
>>
>>     6000 users? How you know that?
>
>     https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/landcover says:
>
>     "Objects with this key were last edited by 2 025 different users."
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Sergio
>
> What answers completely different question (it is possible that
> tag was added by 200 users and then other people edited objects
> with it).

... and that doesn't change things very much: it means that even if only 200 (or 20) users have originally added those tags, 2025 users who have last edited those objects have somehow agreed with the tag being there, which I think is the important thing and probably that's why Taginfo exposes that statistic.

> Though given that even this value is so low makes 6000
> people adding this tag even less likely.

As you have probably seen Peter has amended the number (which initially was little a bit "optimistic") to something very comparable.

Cheers,

Sergio