[Tagging] Hotel dataset import? / Re: Baby-sitting

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:51:56 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 13. März 2019 um 14:36 Uhr schrieb Cascafico Giovanni <
cascafico at gmail.com>:

> > Il giorno mer 13 mar 2019 alle ore 12:16 Tom Pfeifer <
> t.pfeifer at computer.org> ha scritto:
>
> > I think you misunderstand. OSM is based on locally sourced, handcrafted
> data. That creates the high quality
>
> Have youi ever seen hot tasks results? Huge building polys, mixed
> misalignments, nonxistent tags... lots of poor quality stuff and, worst of
> all, everything mixed to (few) high quality surveys... but it seems they
> are useful...of course they are: later you can improve them.

if you see issues in other fields, you should raise them (in the end, HOT
tasks aren't imports though, so they follow different requirements). They
cannot be used to justify importing other data.

> > Import means data are copied from another database into OSM. That means,
> somebody else collected the data. This collector has made his own mistakes.
> All databases contain errors, or outdated items, even if they are labelled
> official, governmental etc.
>
> The collector, whoever he is, is not error free (he is human). OSM mappers
> are humans.

yes, but we have our own type of error, and we have personal responsability
for the things we are entering.

Cheers,
Martin