[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Tagging disputed boundaries

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:57:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 17:54, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> It will rather reduce discussion. People from OSM wiki are more likely to
> stop commenting rather
> than start using mailing list. And why commenting on talk page would be
> worse than commenting on ml?

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that any one way was worse (or better) than
another,

> People that participate in mailing list (or Wiki or IRC or forum or slack
> or XYZ) discussions

rather that there are too many places that people can discuss proposals. If
the OP has put up a proposal, & is on the List & the wiki discussion page
to explain details & counter arguments, so most people "here" are happy (!)
But at the same time, there's other groups talking about the idea on IRC &
XYZ, who aren't getting any feedback from the OP, so they can convince
themselves it's a bad idea so vote against it.

It would just be good if there was only  place that these discussions on
new proposals took place.

Maybe turn what I said before around - all discussion should be the wiki
discussion page, with the only mention on the List being "This new proposal
- all discussion at this page", & similar on all the other forums, IRC etc ?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 20:42, Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or promote proposals better, may by consistently (or even automatically)
> linking them on the wiki pages of the affected tags?

Yep, like that!

Yeah, I know, so before anyone else says it: https://xkcd.com/927/ :-)

Thanks

Graeme