[Tagging] Mapping deforestation wikipage

Lorenzo Stucchi lorenzostucchi95 at outlook.it
Thu Mar 14 21:33:28 UTC 2019

Hi all,

sorry I change the idea from just landcover to sat_landcover because I saw it as reasonable for a draft landcover in an area for which I don’t know exactly if what I’m mapping is a meadow or a cultivated land or something similar, but I understand in which of the categories it fall, as we explain into the wiki page.

So if you think that it's better to return back to just landcover for me it’s fine.

We just want to point the problem and the importance of a theme like deforestation in a big forest and his effect on climate change. But if there are no data about how is possible to do that?

So from this reason, we have this proposal after reading pages of the wiki trying to find the best solution to tag these elements. We don’t want to create anything that can be forgotten after our event instead, we think that this can be an important issue that can be taken care of part of OSM community.

Any help is welcome and please try to remain focus on the starting point and not diverge like in the previous thread. Sorry we care very much on this project and we believe in the his importance.

Thanks Tod for this point this is what we are exactly talking about.

Best,
Lorenzo