[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 22:08:06 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 14. Mar 2019, at 20:17, Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If this seems viable, I would expand the proposal by a migration proposal from amenity=police to police=station

I don’t think we should abandon amenity=police and it will likely not happen unless people tag so many different things with the tag that it becomes useless. My primary interest is in specifying the kind of police and facility, a generic amenity=police on top of that does not harm. If the new scheme becomes so widespread that every police station also has a more specific police=* tag, we can still decide to remove the amenity=police tags.

Cheers, Martin