[Tagging] Wild changes to wiki pages changing the cycleway tagging scheme

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:06:59 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 15. März 2019 um 09:59 Uhr schrieb Charles MILLET <
charlesmillet at free.fr>:

> I am not comfortable with the definition of standard tag in this case.
>
> Isn't the tag or name space "oneway" made to define that a lane is
> oneway or not ? In this case using cycleway:left means by default it is
> oneway. So the name space ":oneway" is used to describe the direction.

from my understanding, "oneway" is a legal restriction, and it also defines
the direction (yes means in direction of the osm object, -1 means in
counter direction).

I would not read too much implicit restrictions or permissions into
"cycleway:left"=track/lane etc. as the intended "defaults" may vary across
jurisdictions and mappers, and would rather add explicit information about
oneway, amount of lanes, surface, width etc.

Cheers
Martin