[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

seirra blake sophietheopossum at yandex.com
Fri Mar 15 17:15:04 UTC 2019

yeah roughly so. in terms of mapping, no. as relations are on somewhat
of a 'meta' level though, I considered it mostly due to the fact people
seem to feel some sort of tag is needed. I (personally) wondered whether
the use of type=route would require the use of a route tag no matter
what (or I guess... should we just use a new type=shared? people seemed
to preferably not want an entire new relation type though). but yeah the
idea is essentially that the shared segments may be used in place of the
identical set of ways independent of whatever the route wants to use
them for. as it defeats the purpose for public transport somewhat if the
bus stops/stop positions are still defined uniquely for each route the
idea is that you can also make shared relations for those. the original
idea was that you have a relation connecting two separate bus stop and
way relations but after some thought... bus stops are always (unless
there's a very extreme earthquake maybe? but I think if it's strong
enough to physically switch bus stops we have more important things to
worry about) attached to the same ways. I will upload a slightly updated
version, just bear with me while I make sure I've checked all my emails
and update it. I will reply to myself with it