[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

seirra blake sophietheopossum at yandex.com
Fri Mar 15 19:33:22 UTC 2019

hmm... I'm not quite sure on what would be best. I do see your point in
the case of just splitting very long ways there, they would not be
'shared' at all. to the best of my knowledge type=* is intended to
exclusively define the relation. in all circumstances that we have
discussed, it still joins up to make a route, so perhaps its best not to
change the relation type. the chain idea is a nice one, but that would
make the smaller bits that join together... links. that may get
confusing quite fast; or chain-links, which might sound a bit too much
like we're talking about a physical chain.  part might be a good
candidate, it's already there in the sense of building:part=*; so
following similar convention we could have route:part=yes, that seems
pretty intuitive; although we can probably go a step further and just do
a combination of type=route and route=part, I'll probably use that in
the example I make.