[Tagging] Do we still need cycleway=opposite?

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 07:37:21 UTC 2019

On 17/3/19 10:42 am, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> I didn’t know this tag, historically the cycleway tags were used for bicycle infrastructure, seems people are working to change this.

I didn't say I liked the cycleway=shared tag. There are a lot of
highways in Australia tagged with this and I wouldn't ride on any of
them. I'm assuming that routers should treat them the same as cycleway=no.

This does raise the question: do we still need the cycleway=opposite
tag? Is there some characteristic of the street that is not captured by
just the bicycle:oneway=no tag?

A question for the Euromappers I think (haven't seen a "cycle plug" in
Australia).