[Tagging] Do we still need cycleway=opposite_lane? (Was: Do we still need cycleway=opposite?)

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:02:57 UTC 2019

Which situations can one theoretically have in a oneway street that
allows contraflow for bicycles and moped/mofas?

- no separate lanes (rather typical in Belgium)
- separate lanes, one lane on each side, lanes are 1-way
- separate lane only in contraflow direction, lane is oneway, (e.g.
flow direction shares lane with cars, or is track)
- separate lane only in flow direction, lane is oneway
- lane(s) on contraflow side, lanes are both way
- lane(s) on flow side, lanes are both way