[Tagging] Status of oneway=cw oneway=ccw

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:37:32 UTC 2019

Thanks for the summary, s8evq!

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 08:55, s8evq <s8evq at runbox.com> wrote:

> - Not many are in favor of oneway=cw / oneway=ccw to indicate the actual direction. This is currently in the wiki but is hardly in use (about 5 times in total). I will go forward and remove this from the wiki. OK?

+1

> - One question that remains open is how to tag. On the one hand oneway=yes is currently in use with 1.2K relations. On the other had, the argument can be made that oneway=yes should be reserved to legal prescriptions and not just recommendations. Alternatives that came forward are: bidirectional=no, signed_oneway=yes, oneway=signposted, oneway=recommended, oneway=signed

There's also designated_direction=forward|both|backward with 13,306
uses, all in combination with railway=*, but why not reusing it for
hiking/walking/cycling routes? Or, if designated sounds too official,
what about signed_direction=*? In any case i would avoid a key
containing the word oneway.

Regards

Markus