[Tagging] Do we still need cycleway=opposite_lane? (Was: Do we still need cycleway=opposite?)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Mar 20 11:57:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 5:12 PM "Christian Müller" <cmue81 at gmx.de> wrote:

> Suggesting forward and backward as tag
> values is a rather bad thing, as these
> are values for route relation roles.

I would say that is true for nodes, though this situation is being handled
for nodes that are part of ways better than I had anticipated.  This isn't
true for ways, though, where lanes:forward/backward/both_ways and
maxspeed:forward/backward are pretty common tags, and the direction is
relative to which way the way points, not necessarily in the direction of
travel (though the reasons you might need oneway=-1 seems to be
disappearing rapidly)