[Tagging] I have been tagging mosques wrong all along

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Mar 23 17:40:26 UTC 2019

On 23.03.2019 18:19, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 17:05, Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org <mailto:jm at liotier.org>> wrote:
>

>     The case I have in mind is where the mosque is a complex of several
>     buildings - such as the building for ritual ablutions, a separate prayer
>     building for women, the outside prayer ground for days of large
>     gatherings, the toilets etc.
>

> Until you mentioned outside prayer, the obvious solution to a building complex would
> be a multipolygon.

No, there is no MP needed. As there are several distinct objects used for worshiping, it would even
be wrong.
Thus you can tag the campus complex with landuse=religious, and the individual worshiping places
with amenity=place_of_worship. You could even add description=* to explain their individual purpose,
and building=* if it is a building.

tom