[Tagging] Is there any use of shop=general/general_store not covered by shop=convenience/supermarket/country_store?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:44:23 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> Am 25.03.2019 um 18:57 schrieb Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com>:
>
> A country_store is something I think of as usually being located
> outside a village because they need a lot more space. They'll offer
> feed, seed, fertilizer, garden tools, and similar supplies. They often
> have nurseries selling bedding plants and trees for planting. (Tractor
> Supply and Agway are common brands in the US.)

there is also

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dgarden_centre

and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dagrarian

the wiki mentions shoes and clothing for country stores, which you won’t find in the above shops, so it seems a good distinction.
Is it self service or are there salespeople to serve you? Or could it be both?

Cheers, Martin