[Tagging] shop=plumber vs shop=plumbing vs shop=plumbing_supplies

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 26 10:57:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 04:57:12PM +1000, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > there is also craft (combination or not) for places where you find
> > specialized workers.
> >
> I've never been very happy with a lot of the craft= tags.
> To me "craft" suggests small-scale, probably handmade, so things like
> =basket_maker; beekeeper; blacksmith; cooper; embroiderer & so on all fit
> as they're (usually) small, often one person operations.
> But =boatbuilder; builder; electrician; glaziery; hvac; mint; roofer;
> sawmill etc are usually not small scale works.


> Should we possibly have a trade= key to cover the office / workshop / shed
> / factory unit where these specialists are located, or from where they work
> out of?

As long as it is clearly distinguished from the exiting use of trade.
I fear confusion if it uses exactly the same tag. But maybe it could


More information about the Tagging mailing list