[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=inflatable_park

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:41:27 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 27. März 2019 um 12:24 Uhr schrieb Silent Spike <
silentspike100 at gmail.com>:

> My first tagging proposal, came across a few of these facilities and
> figured it is best to establish a tagging for them as they're growing in
> popularity:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/inflatable_park
>
> I feel like this is a relatively self explanatory proposal and hopefully
> uncontroversial. However, totally open to criticism and suggestions if
> there's something I'm overlooking.
>
> One thing I did notice while searching around is that there are locations
> which mix trampoline and inflatable parks together. This proposal doesn't
> address those and that's perhaps something someone more experienced could
> weigh in on.

I would see the "park" as an indoor playground, for which we already cater
with leisure=playground indoor=yes, fee=yes. At least these are documented
tags on the feature page, they do not appear in taginfos list of common
combinations though:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aleisure%3Dplayground

The "inflatable" objects usually are located within a bigger structure,
which may for instance be a "amusement park" or also a regular park.
They could be tagged with a value under the "attraction" key:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:attraction

E.g. "inflatable_slide" or whatever seems appropriate.

So my recommendation would be to map the inflatable objects inside the
playground, or propose a subtag for this kind of playground, or if they are
huge, you might see them as theme parks.
But maybe I just haven't encountered any specialized huge inflatable park
yet, while these inflatable slides and castles are very common around here
for "mini theme parks" / playgrounds.

Cheers,
Martin