[Tagging] Whispering asphalt

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Thu May 2 21:41:53 UTC 2019

Am 02.05.2019 um 23:23 schrieb Yuri Astrakhan:
> I don't think we should do asphalt classification -- too difficult for
> many cases, and very little value, especially in this case because it
> is not the "type" of asphalt, it is rather a "feature" of asphalt.
> Multiple features could exist in the same asphalt - e.g. it could have
> noise-canceling qualities, or it could have under-surface charging, or
> it could have solar panels integrated into it, or it could have high
> melting point so it works well under sun.
>
> In other words, I think it should be a yes flag, something likeĀ
> noise_reducing_surface=yes

I would question to use any qualification at all. Whatever is now called
a quiet/whispering/noise reducing asphalt will have become a standard in
a couple of years and then a new type even more noise reducing will have
been invented. Will we then have
noise_reducing_surface=no|little|yes|yes_yes|definitely_yes?

If someone cannot resist I would second Yuri's suggestion.

Tobias