[Tagging] Marking temporary traffic organisation change

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 17:35:09 UTC 2019

Le 08.05.19 à 17:00, Mateusz Konieczny a écrit :
> sometimes change is applied for months

> How one may mark that such change is temporary?
>
> It would be useful for at least two reasons:
> - it would easier to catch roads for retagging after road recontruction
> completes

use https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_date
with an estimated completion date of the work.
some qa-tools inform about outdated dates.
however, some mappers confuse this tag with start_date, which would
probably require additional analysis (quickly correct or better alert
before uploading when start_date contains a future date instead of
opening_date)

> - it would be possible to skip such roads in some QA checks -

I disagree. if change take long enough to be filled in in osm, then it
is probably very useful that routing inconsistencies are corrected.
because it is in the case of tmp change that there is most often a need
for reliable routing instead of using outdated information